TDI Engine in a Ford Ranger?

I was looking around at cars over the weekend and noticed the Ford Ranger and Jetta Wagon TDI are about the same weight and have roughly the same
hood size... I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to put a TDI engine in a Ranger. I know people have been doing it with some Jeeps and I've heard about a TDI being put in an Astro Van. Anyone tried it? Sounds like a pretty good idea to me, to get a vehicle bigger than the current diesel fair, but not with a huge, overpowered engine.
Any ideas, comments?
--
matthew w. russell
http://amphibio.us

According to autos.yahoo.com the Jetta GLS TDI with an automatic transmission is 3212, and according to carsdirect.com the Ranger is 3028... now, I could be reading something wrong, I don't know nearly as much about cars as I know about computers. ;)
http://www.carsdirect.com/research/ford/ranger/2004/xl_23l_standard/features http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/volkswagen_jettawagon_glstdi_2004/13372/style_specs.html?p=all
--
matthew w. russell
http://amphibio.us

My god.... Steve Grauman

yeah but in a crash I'd rather be in a jetta than a ranger.