The Touareg is in Canada!

If any of you care to know, the VW dealership in Georgetown Ontario Canada (40 mins northwest of Toronto) has a nice new Touareg in!.... I just saw them moving it to prime location on their lot, I think they JUST got it in today..... methinks I need to make a stop at the dealer :-).

Reply to
Rob Guenther

My dealer is getting one this week....

I can't wait!

- Peter

Reply to
Peter Cressman

Reply to
Rob Guenther

I brought a copy of the 30+ page brochure home tonight....its on helluva nice SUV....too rich for my blood, however....It will still knock the socks off of any North American SUV!

Reply to
Peter Cressman

too rounded I tihnk.

Park a Touareg next to a 1992-1996 Camry wagon...same shape lights.

At least the rest of the Touareg's butt end isn't as ugly as that Camry wagon's was.

Reply to
Matt B.

I thought that was spelled Touareq at first --- "Tow A Wreck" probably isn't the best choice of a car model name!

Reply to
Jason Benwell

I think I read in Autoweek that US VW dealers begged VWAG to change the name to something else for North America but to no avail. Isn't Touareq an African word? My son spent a fair amount of time working in Eurpoe and said that Europeans have a fascination for African stuff.

Bill

Reply to
William Maslin

I am really incensed by the 'request to change the name', I have know what the Touaregs are since I was in high school, when stidying geography, why is it that some consider teh America public so ignorant, or worst yet, VW fans [ the true ones ] ? How hard is it really to pronounce the name ? And would any potential buyer not get the name accross to the sales person pronouncing any way they can ? Like it will be conused with Golf, Jetta or Passat....

Geeweezzzz

William Masl> >

Reply to
Ricardo Canas

Touareg is actually a really good name for an SUV....do a little research and you will see what I mean....

- Peter

Reply to
Peter Cressman

I know, it fits it very well, its as good a name as Explorer, or Discovery... at least it isn't plain stupid like RAV-4, CRV, or Suburban.... and what the hell is a Tahoe?

Reply to
Rob Guenther

When I was in highschool, it was pronounced too-a'-reg (a' like in bath). But that was more than 30 years ago, and I am not a native speaker, so what do I know. Merriam-Webster thinks it is 'twä-"reg [ä as in father]. Either one is closer to the arabic TawAriq than tour-egg.

- D.

Reply to
TransFixed