trying to troubleshoot a 1.8t ; Help

I have a 99' passat 1.8 5speed. Last night engine started shaking like an overloaded washing machine. made it back to my carport imediately, and noticed a bad check valve.(the one that is close to the power transistor and the EVAP located behind the Air filter housing. Dealership must have used a chemical to clean engine while fixing the last problem, because the check valve appeared to be disintegrated.(50%) All the other check valves seem o.k. I replaced the check valve this morning and I tried a test drive and noticed no change in performance, In fact the check engine light is now on. The Engine lopes while idling and lopes even more while accelerating. I Read a similar posts that concluded a faulty throttle body, but that had been taken apart and reassembled during the last repair.(4 months ago) I am waiting on a bently manual . I have read that the most likely problem is a vacuum leak, a leaking EGR valve, or insuffecient fuel flow to injectors. I need some help on this one and do sincerely appreciate anyone who could pass me some knowledge on where to start.

Reply to
SP_shadetree

MIL on, what are the fault codes? Evap valve- don't rule out mice and squirrels Vacuum leak, maybe, but would need to be really big EGR- no power drop from this Injector flow- don't think so Tim.

I'm betting on the ignition module on top of the air filter housing which kill spark for #2 cylinder.

Reply to
Woodchuck