Value of '00 NB Turbo?

We need to sell my wife's NB Turbo. It's a 2000 GLX, green w/ tan leather. Includes an upgrade chip, but we'l probably try to exchange this locally (Ft Worth) for a stock ECU plus cash. So what shuld we expect to get for it? What's the best way to get a good price for it?

Thanks for the help. Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

there ain't enough money in the world to buy our 00 nb tdi.

Reply to
northwind

Disassemble it, take pictures of all the parts, then post one-by-one on eBay. This will take some time and your neighbors might get upset seeing a stripped car on blocks in the front yard, but really you'll get the maximum dollars for this thing if you strip it down and sell it piecemeal to the masses.

Here's another tip, eBay makes it really easy to be a shill for your own stuff, just establish a couple bogus eBay accounts then start a bidding war with yourself for your own car parts. The bargain hunters will come running and you'll get maximum dollars for your gutted NB Turbo as the auction closes on each piece. Or even better, cut out the middle man (eBay) and sell the parts on this NG.

Reply to
Bob F.

Gee Bob, that's great advice - thanks! I'll go down to HD and buy a Crescent wrench and get started tonight! Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

Generally the best price for a private sale is through advertising in the newspaper (pay the extra few bucks for the ad that runs until it is sold) or through putting the car in a prominent place with a For Sale sign.

Scott

Reply to
Scott

Reply to