Vanagon Westfalia replacement skylight

I recently bought a 1985 Westfalia. The skylight needs to be replaced. I'm not sure if I can just replace the lens and the seal, or if it needs more.

I have seen a Westy on a classified site that had some sort of fan or non-stock skylight in the opening.

I'm wondering if it is possible to replace the stock skylight with one from an RV store that "fits a standard 14" opening"? They are a lot cheaper than total replacement units specifically for the Westy. I'm wondering if it can be done without cutting into the fiberglass roof. Maybe the vent/fan could be modified.

The nice thing about the ones available from RV stores is that there is a variety available with fans and lights.

Reply to
Ed