Looking for A2 Oil Filter Removal Tips

Is there a trick to removing a used oil filter (after it has been unscrewed), without having to put it on it's side (oil spilling out) and without having to push the power steering hoses out of the way (can't be good for the hoses) to make enough room for the filter to slide out of the bottom of the engine compartment

Thank

-- datatechnic

View this thread:

Send from

datatechnic

I always reach down from the top and pull mine out . Tight squeeze but it fits.

Is there a trick to removing a used oil filter (after it has been unscrewed), without having to put it on it's side (oil spilling out) and without having to push the power steering hoses out of the way (can't be good for the hoses) to make enough room for the filter to slide out of the bottom of the engine compartment?

Thanks

Reply to
Archangel

I have pulled a lot of them up from the top by the radiator fan shroud. Some A2s allow that and others are too tight and I move the hoses at the bottom but the oil filter stays upright at all times. I do wear some protective gloves. ;-)

Reply to
One out of many Daves

Thank you both for the excellent feedback. I'll explore different routes within the engine compartment. Gloves are a great idea. With practice I will do a better job of keeping it upright and not spilling oil. :-

- Ke

-- datatechnic

View this thread:

Send from