VW Jetta brakes

I am having trouble with getting air in the brake lines of the 1989 Jetta GL with gas engine. We have changed the master cylinder twice and replaced the back wheel cylinders. Now what is it?

Please reply soon!

Reply to
Michael Kostreva

Did you bench bleed the master?

Did you also bleed both the wheel cylinders and calipers?

Reply to
Dave

Bingo!

I made the same mistake on another non VW car and it drove me crazy for a day or two.

Come to think of it, I DID wonder what those 2 little hoses they included with the master cylinder were for :)

Good advice.

psycho

Reply to
psycho_pastrami

Yeah, bled them each time we installed something new, plus two more times. Hope we've got it solved now. The left rear cylinder was picking up air.

Reply to
Michael Kostreva