Converting to dual circuit brakes?

I'm in the process of rebuilding the brakes on our stock '62 beetle & I'd really like to convert from the single circuit system to a dual system. Can anyone give me some pointers on what I need to do this in the way of a master cylinder & wheel cylinders? I see plenty of stuff refgerring to front disk conversions but thats not the route I want to go.

H.

Reply to
Howard Eisenhauer

I don't see any reason you'd need to change wheel cylinders, just the master cylinder, and brake lines.

Les

Reply to
Project Magnet #1

Well, I did it on a '61 ghia, all I did was buy a dual circuit M.C. and bolt it in . the tubes going in were even long enough to reach. as the MC. is longer. And I added a third brake light. Helps monitor the circuit. Good luck .

Reply to
A Veteran

the dual circuit master cylinder is a bolt in... the only other item i'd add personally is a dual cylinder resovoir from a 67 type 1 sedan. not sure if you will need to do any changes to the hardlines, but that too is a small project if required...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I recall years ago Volvo,s made a big deal that with their dual curcuit brakes, alternate opposite wheels were coupled together. ie Right Front to Left Rear and vice versa. Might be an advantage on a front engine rear drive car but VW,s???. Oz John

Reply to
John

lots of modern cars are plumbed that way..

Reply to
Joey Tribiani