Problem with A3 GTI Seats.

I recently bought a set of GTI seats from an 98 to put in my 97 Jetta. I didn't put them in right away and waited some time, today I put them and noticed the driver's side seat seems to sit crooked, Seems that the legs are slightly bent out of shape, and another thing is that the seat has the same high adjustment my Jetta had, but doesn't go down quite as far, is it possible to take the supports off my old seat and install them onto the replacement seat? Can it be done without any welding?

Reply to
Absolute Xaero