VW Passat (2000-2001) V6 manual transmission -- need advice

Hi All,

I need some advice from you. I intend to buy a VW Passat from 2000 or

2001. I am definitely looking for a V6 engine with manual transmission. I have checked the prices and the least expensive pre-owned certified car costs $14,000. I also saw prices bellow $10,000 but for non-certified cars. Bellow are my questions.

  1. It makes sense to pay a few thousands $$ for a certified pre-owned car?

  2. Do you have any idea about the depreciation for such a car?

  1. Are there any particular problems with these kind of cars that I should know about? Probably this is the most important question and any technical comment will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance for you help

Dragos

------

VW Jetta GL 1986 (engine -- GX)