1990 european passat manual

I am looking for a service manual for a 1990 passat that was originally sold in Spain. The only book I can find is the one offered by Bentley Publishers which claims to cover the models sold in the US and Canada. Does anyone know if this book would also (more or less) cover cars sold in Spain? john

Reply to
John Knox

If it's (your car) is a 2.0 16V (or any other engine covered by the US/Canada Bentley (which for a '90 I believe is only the 2.0 16V engine), it should be close enough. If the car you have has an engine not available in the US/Canada, then I wouldn't use the US/Canadian Bentley for it.

Reply to
Matt B.

Isn't the "hot" repair manual for non-USA cars the cough cough Haynes manual?

I have seen on Ebay repair manuals that cover the "Passat" from either the

70s (Dasher here) or 80s (Quantum here)

Here is one on Ebay........please read the complete description since it includes up to the year 2000 supposedly and ships Worldwide. It might include options that were not available in the USA. ;-)

dave AKA vwdoc1

for $6.95, how far wrong can i go? thanks for the link john

dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote: : Isn't the "hot" repair manual for non-USA cars the cough cough Haynes : manual? :