Re: Tires for my 1999 A3 Jetta

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

Stephen

The shops in my area want $100-$130 to mount, balance, new stems, weights & > tax. Shipping from Tire Rack is about $30, so $60/tire mounted/balanced > looks very good. The ECSTA HP4 716 gets good reviews: > I > > thought I'd ask for some opinions. > > > > On tirerack.com Kumho ECSTA HP4 716 got pretty good reviews for a lower > cost > > tire. I've found them locally for under $60 each installed and balanced. > > > > What would you suggest? > > > > Thanks for your help. > > > > Stephen Green > > Long Beach, CA > > > > > >
Reply to
Stephen Green

Not really. I paid 28 plus tax here in the USA. That included taking off 4 tires mounting the new ones w/ a speed balance.

Yes it is. Did you at least get a "reach around" for that price.

Of course but if you know where to go, you will make out. The reason the high prices is because you get free 5000 mile rotation the lifetime of the tires and balancing. At least that is what I had found out. I do my own rotationing.

Nope

Nope

Nope

Yep but nope...

Reply to
Peter Parker

I wanted a shop that would do a quality job (I've had leaks in the past from poor workmanship) and could do it between 9am and 11am on the monday that I was to be in town. And I set it up from 1000km away in a town I'd never been in. Also, since I was putting a non-standard tire size on they had to understand and have hubcentric spacers handy to deal with it if need be. All pricing I got from places anywhere near that level of sophistication was similar. This was the only one that met all the criteria so I went with them.

BTW are you comparing prices in NY state or elsewhere? I imagine they vary widely by location.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody

Of course. That's a "no brainer".

:0)

Reply to
Peter Parker

I have them on my car (97 GLS). The first pair I bought when my wife ran over a wooden pallet on the road. The second pair I bought because of the first pair. They ride well, are very quiet, handle well and are much cheaper than Continentals or BFG's. I had about 5,000 mi when I bought the

2nd pair and about 7,000 on the first pair now.

Reply to
Rich Dowdell

Thanks for you feedback. Much appreciated.

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Green

I agree. The Ecstas are a good deal. I've had 'em for 15k or so and I'm very happy.

Chad

Reply to
emulsion