Wanted: Aerial for '89 VW Golf CL

Hi,

First off I know little about cars, and only a little more about radios.

My friend has a 1989 VW Golf CL and has had the aerial bent off. I called a VW dealer who said the replacement part was discontinued. It is the wing fitting type and is manual, not automatic/electric.

I know Halfords makes 'universal' aerials - should I buy one of these (if so which one?) or is there a replacement pattern part which is better?

Also, is there anything I should know about fitting it?

Thanks in advance and there's a bar of chocolate in the post to whoever gives me the help I need first!! (seriously!)

Reply to
thomasdyton

Take the car to a car radio shop and have them give you an estimate on having one installed. Many national department stores such as Walmart can do this. Unless your antenna is very unique, it should be inexpensive. I'm surprised that the VW dealership was not able to help you.

Reply to
Papa