Warm start problem with 99 TDI Beetle

Hi all,

I have problem starting when engine is warmed up starting is no problem when engine is cold... Someone in this forum mentioned changing Cooling Temp Sensor will fix the problem but I don't know if that was for diesel (TDI) engine or for gasoline engine...?... So will that fix my problem or is there any other thing I should be looking at...? The car runs beautifully otherwise and recently we've done all the maintenance, such as new glow plugs, new air filter etc.... Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Ben

Reply to
Ben

Ben,

Wow, I have the same exact problem. I have been to the garage a few times ... had maintenance done, filters changed etc.. I drive my son to school, and when I get out to go to work, the damn thing has a very hard time starting. Feels like the idle is all wrong, and when I put it in gear it stalls again. If I let it sit for a while, it seems to idle better, then I can ease it into gear, and drive off. Once I start driving, I don't have any problems. BTW I have a passat wagon, regular gas, not diesel.

I wonder if I should ask the garage about changing the colling temp sensor?

-Guy

Ben wrote:

Reply to
gllevy