what is your spark plug of choice? for 95 cabrio

I was wondering what spark plugs are the preferred choice for a 1995 2.liter Cabrio ? Thank Tony

Reply to
T & L

The ones VW recommends! I'm sure VW did more R&D than anyone here, including myself.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Just use what is spec'd for it. Check your owners or the Bentley manual. If you don't have either someone might be able to look it up and post here.

Reply to
K5

Easy, NGK's every time.

--Steve

Reply to
Phatman

BS. Bosch or NGK - it doesn't matter. What matters is getting the NGK or Bosch that is spec'd for that motor.

Reply to
K5

I think it's Bosch FR8DC (copper) or FR8DS (silver). The silver ones are the OEM specification, but the copper ones will work although supposedly not last as long. And it seems like most folks find that Bosch platinum or 4+/whatever plugs don't work as well in the A3 2.0 engine. It seems odd that such a low tech engine would be so finicky about spark plugs, but apparently it is.

Be careful when removing the spark plug connectors. You must pull or pry up only on the metal part. There is a special tool for this, but I use a variety of screwdrivers to pry up on the bottom. If you pull on the wires you will ruin them. And it will probably be necessary to unplug the # 2 and 3 fuel injector connectors to get at those plugs. If your plug wires are original they are probably not working real well or are getting ready to fail. Well, this is more advice than you asked for so I'll shut up now :-)

Bill

Reply to
William Maslin

Yep, you got it all covered.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Thanks that was the answer I wanted as I was considering getting platnum, and just did spark plug wires they were shot .

thnx Tony

Reply to
T & L

In article ,

Or check this out for a make it yourself tool to pull 'em off.

Mark '95 Jetta GLS

Reply to
Mark Randol

I'd like to but I'd have to buy a Dremel tool!

Bill :-)

Reply to
William Maslin