WTB: Automatic Shift Light

Hey Everybody,

After 14 years, the light in the shifter on my '90 GLI finally burned out....Volkswagen wants $50 for the bulb, and I can't fathom spending that for a dinky little light...so, does anybody have a working light that they would be willing to part with?

Please let me know,

Regards,

Peter

Reply to
Pete Cressman

wow... i didn't know those things EVER worked :-D

Reply to
VWGirl

I hate it when things that should work in my Jetta don't...

Reply to
Pete Cressman

After 14 years you're going to complain about things not woring

Reply to
Biz

When everything else in the car functions as it should, it annoys me when something doesn't work as it should...and I'm not complaining that the bulb only lasted 14 years....

Reply to
Pete Cressman

Is that the up arrow light during shifting? I can't believe that light bulb cost so much.

Reply to
Peter Parker

No...I poorly worded the question....it's the light in the centre console for the Automatic Transmission Shifter...

Reply to
Pete Cressman

That's what i was thinking when I wrote that... but reread and figured out it was the other light...

Reply to
VWGirl

me three...

Reply to
Peter Parker

The one in my 95 Golf went out a few years ago. It took 'til recently to realize there was a gear indicator on the dash. 8p

Reply to
Golf Guy

Reply to
wewu

GLIs were available with autos? I knew that late A2 8V GTIs from '90 were, but GLIs (16V?) were too?

Reply to
Matt B.

My parent's bought my Jetta new in 1990 at Queensway Volkswagen in Toronto, Ontario....It is a Canadian Spec, Jetta GLI (which in itself is odd, b/c at the time the GTX was also being marketed...) anyway, I checked the VIN when I worked at VW and it confirmed that it wasn't a rebadged GL....The odd thing is that it is a 1.8L Digifant engine....go figure...

I called a fellow who worked at the Port of Brunswick, where the car was shipped to, and he checked port documents....this car was 1 of about 50 sent to Canada as Wolfsburg built, Jetta GLIs with Digifant Engines. Mine is a Wolfsburg Edition as well, so it has power windows, power locks, MFI, and a Ski Sack, as well as the time delay dome light.

Reply to
Pete Cressman