Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

VW mechanic in New Orleans area
I am looking for a good, reliable VW mechanic in the New Orleans area. Preferably, someone who knows diesels. Thanks, AC

1999 Beetle Overheating
Tried replacing the heat sensor .. Didn't help. The fan just doesn't come on and the car over heats .. BUT .. With the a/c running the fan does come on every minute or so and then there is no...
27
27

do'nt forget it
I saw this site and I like it so much, I'd like to see it to learn a lot of things
1
1

Normal maintenance items?
Hi - selling a friends VW Touareg - we recently had to replace the drivetrain and the rear intake crank case vent valve assembly and the intake gasket - on a Touareg, are these normal maintenance...
1
1

Corrado lights problem
I have a 1990 Corrado G60, and in trying to use my high beams, they don't work. I'm assuming that it is the stalk on the steering column. Has anyone else run into this problem, or have any better...
4
4

Heater a/c blower replacement
'83 VW Rabbit -- How do I get to it to replace the heater a/c blower? Manual I have not much help. THANKS Gene
2
2

Got the ignition coil recall notice ...
Or more formally, "Voluntary Emissions Service Action 28F3/P1." No specifics about what models or engines are covered, just "some Volkswagen vehicles." Someone asked earlier about reimbursement to...
18
18

CIS and low compression...
Hi all. Any old time CIS nuts still hanging around here? It's been a long time since I gave up my bad rabbit habit... guess I was overdue for a slip : ) Question: Should a 1.8 CIS run (at least...
29
29

Scirocco won't run with warm engine
Hi all. Got a problem that started suddenly. 81 Scirocco starts and runs fine so long as engine compartment is cool. Warm things up, either by running or by sun on the hood (or on the engine with hood...
11
11

Passat "Check Engine" light on
I haven't driven my 2004 Passat (4 -cylinder 1.8 turbo engine) for about a week, and today when I started it, the Check Engine (Malfunction Indicato) came on and after a few seconds the engine started...
16
16

Offering extra services during routine maintenance
A couple days ago, I took my 2009 VW Rabbit in for its 10,000 mile/1 year service, as recommended by the owner's manual. When I got there and the service tech was looking at my car, he said that based...
3
3

96 Jetta TD, wiper control arms "falling off"
My wipers are currently inoperable on my Jetta, and when I pop open the hood and check, the arms appear to have fallen off the "crank" that connects to the wiper motor (which works fine)....
7
7

Opinions on the W8 Passat
Inquiring minds want to know dept. My local mechanic has a W8 Passat with a pristine body but a blown engine at his shop. The owner is thinking about replacing the engine. My guy can get a used W8...
5
5

VW Jetta TDI 2003 transmission problem
I just purchased a 2003 Jetta TDI automatic with 123,000 miles on it. The car drove fine on two test drives - both times the engine was cold, and then on a 300 mile trip home from the dealer. It sat...
3
3

Clutch release failure - opinions please...
Hello, Tried posting this earlier - no joy. Anyway, i have an early '99 Jetta WE; 2.0L, 020 transaxle, pretty heavily modified. It's blown (Neuspeed supercharger) and that might provide some insight...
2
2