Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Dell se met au PDA
Dell se met au PDA Surprenant de la part du premier fabricant mondial de PC ! Lors du prochain Comdex qui aura lieu ?Las Vegas du 18 au 22 novembre, Dell pr=A8=A6sentera deux de ces futurs PDA....

tire size and drive ratio
If I change from the stock 225-40-18 tires to 225-35-18 would I notice a significant improvement in the launch? That change would amount to the speedometer reading 103.7 mph instead of 100 mph, and...
2
2

90 Carat starter relay or solenoid problem
This has happened twice now. I go to start the car in the morning (8v, manual trans) and I get a quiet scratchy/electrical /buzz sound from the front. After a second or two I let off of the key. I try...
4
4

1981 Diesel Rabbit radiator hose upgrades?
I've had a couple of radiator hose issues, and now the lower hose has collapsed. A workmate of my has had several lower radiator hoses collapse. The main issue seems to be the more than 90 degree...
5
5

01 Jetta, overheating, possible fan problem?
Hello, We have an 01 Jetta with 144k miles, automatic. Replaced timing belt and water pump at 83k miles, new accessory belt at 142k miles. Normally, the temp gauge is at 190 degrees and never budges...
1
1

01 Jetta Overheating, possibly fan?
Hello, We have a 01 Jetta with 144k miles. Normally, the temp gauge is at 190 deg. It is marked with hash marks up to the red mark in 17.5 deg increments, the red mark is at 260 degrees F. At present,...

Sticky Shifting
I've been having trouble shifting my 5-sp. 1990 Golf lately. It just feels sticky, like the shift lever doesn't want to go into gear. I notice it most right off the freeway, when I'm back in town and...
7
7

Help. rebuilt inner CV joint, A2. Joint won't swivel now
Hi, I'm replacing the outer CV joint and boot on an '85 Golf. At the same time, I've disassembled and cleaned the inner CV joint to put in new grease and a new inner boot. However, on putting the ball...
4
4

Cruise control cuts out when operating indicators
On my Skoda Octavia (same modules as VW SEAT & AUDI) if I operate the cruise control when turn indicating (as you might when overtaking on a motorway), the cruise control fails to operate & therafeter...
4
4

VW Dealers in Northern Georgia
I need to take my TDI to a dealer for a major service. I wanted to know if anyone has any recommendations for VW dealers in Northern GA. I live about the same distance from three: Alpharetta; Athens;...
1
1

Help with Ross Tech Vag Com
I am trying to get this Ross Tech vag com thing to work with my laptop as a code scanner. I am using it with a 2000 New Beetle. It says I have to test it before I can use it, and when I try to test...
6
6

wheel bolt covers
Hola don Pablo, como esta? Queria pedirle el favor a ver si le es posible conseguirme 16 tapitas para los pernos de las ruedas, yo se las pago, es que no tengo un dealer de VW cerca, y trabajo muchas...
3
3

How badly sandblasted are my headlamp covers?
Driving into the rising sun this morning, I was reminded of how badly pitted the windshield of my '02 Passat is. Then I got to thinking how bad the plastic covers on my headlamps must be. Looking at...
2
2

Glass
Need glass replacement for 1988 VW Fox Wagon GL. Glass is located left-hand side/rear. Have tried various retail glass replacement outfits. They say glass is no longer in production, can't get it....
12
12

TRADE:
I will trade a Bentley's NEW BEETLE Shop Manual including the year 1998 and diesel (early printing) for a similar EUROVAN Shop Manual to include the year 1999. The manual is in excellent condition,...