Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1999 Silverado Stumbles
I have a 1999 Chevy Silverado 4x4 with 64k miles, 5.3 L engine and automatic tranny. The truck "stumbles" at different times. The problem generally occurs when I first start the engine and put in...
13
13

4 bolt main?
I have a early 90's GMC 4x4 pickup. How do I find out if it has four bolt mains? Can I tell from engine ID number or VIN? Thanks Sixraven
1
1

2003 suburban
I have a 2003 Suburban, the "rear access door open" alarm is activated on the instrument panel. The interior lights stay on...like the door is actually open....but the door is closed. This in turn...
2
2

88 S-10 Blaer 4.3 cylinder head water plug?
Doe anyone here know where I can find a wrench that fits these type of water plugs?A 3/8" extention is too big and 1/4" too small. Thanks! Bobby
14
14

intermittent wiper problem
OK - not a big problem -- '97 K1500 Sometimes the wipers work fine. Sometimes nothing. Sometimes a growl or whine but no motion. The motor is quiet when it actually runs. I've done the book electrical...
7
7

"Avalanche gains acceptance"
Avalanche gains acceptance A bit of a sleeper, the Chevrolet Avalanche is rarely on anyone's short list for a pickup truck or an SUV. at
2
2

25K service ????
I have just turned 25K on my 2004 2500 (6.0L)....Is it time for a service check ? What should be done , and should I go to the dealer for it ? I have been changing the oil and rotating tires since I...
2
2

Driveshaft
I am working on transfering my old truck into a 4x4. My truck is a 82 GMC Sierra Classic 1500. I am transfering the frontend of a 78 jimmy onto the truck and I need to know how I need to fix the rear...
9
9

75 seat belt ?
I just picked up a 75 Chevy k 10. It only has lap belts for seat belts. I tried to put some seat belts with the shoulder strap from a 78, but they would not fit. The reel was to wide. The mount didn't...
1
1

89 GMC 4x4, reverse lights
Hey Guys There is no power getting back to my reverse lights. I used a test light. They just stopped working one day. My Haines manual talks about the neutral safety switch responsible for doing the...
1
1

1990 TBI 350CI superchargers
I have a 1990 chevy PU with 350CI with the Edelbrock Power PKG that includes aluminum heads, intake manifold, up graded cam, headers and so on. I have been talking with Whipple Superchargers and seems...
3
3

98 Blazer front wheel howls on left turns
I have a 98 Blazer 4x4 and at freeway speed when on a left curve you hear a howling coming from the right front wheel. At slower speeds or driving straight down ther road there is no noise. Could this...
4
4

99 Tahoe Power Steering Fittings
Does anyone know the thread sizes for a 99 Tahoe 4x4 High Pressure P/S Hose From Gear To Pump? Thanks

99 Silverado Rear Brake Rusted & Parking
I went in today to get rear parking brakes fixed... (at the dealership) surprise not a recall item because I have a automatic transmission, not manual. Exact same parking brakes, but since no one has...
21
21

Alternator Failure: Some kind of warning device?
Couple years ago, the alternator on my 'burb failed. Today the alternator on my wife's Lumina failed. Same scenario in both cases: ---------------------------------------------------------------- -...
28
28