2000 GMC Sierra 4x4

Should the front drive shaft on my 2000 GMC Sierra 4x4 be free to turn when in 2 wdrive, like it used to be on my old 84 Blazer. On this 2000 Sierra I have automatic transfter case with pushbutton
electronic control. While doing oil last week I was parked with 2 hi and tried to spin front shaft, but it could not. Is this a problem. Light on the dash indicate that I am in 2 Hi and while driving there is no typical noises from the front as I am in 4 hi.