2000 Silverado intermittent idle problem

This is strange. My 2000 Silverado with the small V8, manually tranny, 4x4, 50K miles very rarely (once every few months) just doesn't idle upon start-up. The RPMs drop and it stalls out (in neutral). I can maintain the
idle speed by pushing on the throttle and if I drive it a bit the problem goes away. This last occurred during a fall morning, not cold weather. No engine warning lights, no other symptoms and it runs great otherwise. Any ideas? Thanks. John
You could clean the throttle body, pull the IAC and clean that too, use throttle body cleaner , after this if not working, you will need a scan to confirm proper operation of sensors and idle controls. "Doctor John" <nospamplease.> wrote in message

-
Doctor John wrote:

I had the same problem once in the last 6 mos on my
2000 Silverado Z-71 5.3 Ext Cab LT at 60,000 miles...
I stopped, turned key off, restarted and all was fine..
On the road I had to keep on the gas, or She would die...
Sounds like a computer glitch rather than a mechanical or clogged fuel system problem, since turning the key on/off fixes it. Let me know if you figure this one out - I'll have Chevy check mine out when I take it in for its last service under the extended warrantee, but I doubt they'll find anything since it is so intermittent.
John

I have a 2002 Silverado with 4.8 auto and it does this as well from time to time, no check engine lights.
"Doctor John" <nospamplease.> wrote in message

maintain
problem