2000 Z71 5.3 v-8 auto trans

My local Goodyear keeps selling me on doing a transmission flush and reusing the old filter every 30k miles or so.
I'm still thinking it would be good to change the tranny filter when the
fluid is changed. Opinions?
RonT
If you are putting fresh oil in by all means change the filter. Pretty much you are just adding junk to your new oil by not changing the filter.

If you were to look inside the unit after a flush it's pretty amazing. Even the filter is cleaned. It's VERY thorough. Therin is the rub. Some times the flush will dislodge some particles and cause some other issues with the little screens on the VB. I've personally never seen it. I've ususally done flush than next time pan drop no flush and alternate. Larry