2001 Silverado 3500 Dually w/8.1L

Was curious how the mileage is on the 8.1L trucks, 3500 (non-HD) crew cab, dually. Would like to know towing and non-towing mileage.
I know Diesel is expensive, but how does the mileage/fuel cost balance out?

-- EDWARD STAMMER
A friend has the same truck,just 1 year newer.He said he get`s between, 9.75-10.75.Doesn`t matter if he`s towing,or not.
I own a 2001 2500HD 8.1L and avg. about 10mph city. On the highway with a heavy 10X12 trailer full bed and tool box racks and ladders I get around 12mph. But then again, I didn't buy it for the mileage. :-)
i have a 2002 silverado 3500 dually w/6.0L I get around 13 miles per gallon in the city and about 16 highway. are u looking to buy a dually????