2001 Suburban - Electric Seat

Hello,

My wife and I each have had an incident with our 2001 Suburban LT over the weekend. While idling the electric seat starts to ride forward on it's own (like it's resetting itself or something) and the seat position memory is lost. It seems to happen randomly. In my wife's incident the clock on the radio was also reset. When it happened to me the clock was fine.

I was using the power windows when my incident happened and I'm not sure that had anything to do with it. It was also very cold over the weekend... below zero both days so that may have something to do with it also.

Other than these two quick incidents the Suburban has run fine. Has anyone heard of such a thing?

-Brown Weed

Reply to
Brown Weed

Well, my first impression is that GM still has problems with those Metripack connectors. Being electrical related. A few questions need to be answered, since Im not familiar with the later models. Does disconnecting the battery reset the custom preferences? If so then I'd suspect any 12v feed to the dash area. Particularly the Bulkhead connector. In cold weather things really shrink, and you may have connector contact problems. Otherwise, the brains that store the info (ECM?) may be bad.

2001? Sounds like a warranty job. Take advantage of it.

Hope that helps.

Reply to
Martin Riddle