2002 trailblazer???

My change oil light came on,so I changed the oil! How do I get the light to go off??? A guy I know said to turn key on and push brake three times?? Thanks for any help!!

Key on , push the accel pedal to the floor 3x in 5 seconds, engine not running of course, just key on. Info is also in owner's manual.

-
its the gas pedal three times, key on engine off all the way to the floor, light should reset/hope that helps russ