Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Winter Wiper Blades
Can someone point me to a good brand of winter wiper blades? It appears that Aanco is no longer around. It appears that Bosch doesn't make them anymore Trico is everywhere but the pair I bought is...
3
3

tire recommendation
Have a 2005 Colorado Zr1 crew cab and am looking for new tire recommendations. I had an accident in snow 2wks ago after never even coming close since owning it and I have 22k miles on the tire and...
11
11

1998 Jimmy clicking noise
Hello all, in my 1998 Jimmy, there is a clicking noise from behind the glovebox. it is the same noise that is made when the turn signal is on or the hazards. it is random, stops when I push on the...
2
2

Switched Cig Lighter?
Actually no cigarette lighters in the vehicle - just the outlets. But I use one outlet for my iPod adapter: low draw. I'm getting tired of unplugging the thing every time I shut down the engine. The...
6
6

383 stroker replacement - bad mileage
OK, so I took the plunge and put in a GMPP crate 383E stroker motor a few months back. Was a pretty easy swap. Instaled short tube headers and a new High torque starter. Transfered over everything...
4
4

Oil Sending Units
I bought a '92 Chevy Blazer. The engine was recently replaced and now the oil gauge bounces up and down when ever the blazer is in motion. I was just woundering were the oil sending unit is located...
1
1

1999 Jimmy 4 wheel Intermittent
Hi, I`ve been having a problem with my 4wheel drive and, before I start parts changing, I figured I`d ask. What`s happening is that my Jimmy is dropping out of 4 wheel into 2 wheel. It`s intermittent,...
6
6

replacing power window 1998 Suburban
My daughter recently poured hot water on the driver's window to thaw ice (!!) and of course, it shattered. I bought a salvaged window and would like to replace it myself. How hard is it to get the...
2
2

s10 blazer battery draw
whats the allowable parasitic draw on the battery for a 2004 s10 blazer? im working on this car for a friend and sears told her the battery tested out ok, but she has a dead battery in the morning....
4
4

1999 jimmy 4x4 not working
Hi there,my front diff. on my Jimmy won't engage. The actuator is working. The cable from the actuator is connected. The light on the dash says it is working and the tansfer case is engaged. I can't...
4
4

Can Smog check results point to actual problem?
My 1977 half ton 2wd 350ci 350 turbo automatic Chevy pickup failed smog check as Gross Polluter. Could the numbers on the smog test point to actual problem such as air/fuel mixture, unburnt fuel, oil...
2
2

30 Sno Free Days.
No Snostorms in 30 days... It sure seems nice and quiet around here now... Almost too quiet.....
6
6

VIN decoder
I'm in the process of rearranging, clearing out, deleting, and otherwise house cleaning.....my files... For all of you who like tooooo much info....try this.... entirely..........too much information...
3
3

91 Silverado 4wd actuator/thermal plunger
Just how hard is this to replace? I have been dealing with the slow engagement blues for a couple years, but it always eventually hooked up. I used a few times this summer for pulling trees down (okay...
4
4

Sloppy shifter 98 half ton
my column shift became sloppy all of a sudden any ideas, the only gear I can't shift into is 1st, but ca get all others??????
2
2