8 lug bolt specs

Can anyone tell me what the bolt hole size is for a 1983 4x4 1 ton pickup, single rear wheel? I bought the truck with 16.5 x12 tires and rims. The rims have the slanted lip which isn't as good as the 16 inch
when under inflated. What newer rims can I buy that will fit, and what recommendation for tire size? It's a 4 door, and I'm going to tow with it.
The bolt battern is called 8 on 6.5" (I'm pretty sure) Get 16" rims with a set of tires load rated (E) and you're set. A set of new chevy 8 lug steel rims are gonna be pretty inexpensive even brand new. Or you can get aluminum if you want to shell out the cash. IMO, you'd be fine with a set of LT265/75r16 (E).