OT: Trailer question

Will the six lug wheels from a 4X4 Chevy fit a new six lug trailer? Someone told me the center hole was different.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

The center hole is different. I had about .125 (IIRC) machined off the diameter of the trailer hubs for the 6-bolt chevy wheels to fit. You'll want to check the load rating on the wheels you plan on using, though as some stock 1/2 ton wheels are only rated for 1,800 lbs each.

Jeremy

Reply to
highrider71

be really careful if you're going to put truck tires on a trailer, Al... lots of potential problems..

usually, a trailer tire's tread pattern is made to kind of "slide and follow", and a car/truck tire's tread is made to grip the road and go in a straight line... potential for control/sway problems, faster tire/wheel bearing wear, etc... also might have different load ratings.. YMMV

Mac

Reply to
mac davis