84 to 87 Suburban Engine swap ?

Hi All, A few questions... I have a 1984 Chevy Suburban , 350 , 4 speed manual trans... it's very rusty and needs a new clutch. Motor runs great though. Have a chance to get (
CHEAP ) a 1987 Suburban ( lots less rust and miles ) that needs an engine. It is a 350 , Automatic (w/overdrive ) . Will my 84 350 be a good switch ? The only differences I know are that the 87 is TBI and the 84 has a carb. Can I switch intakes and will that work ? Or are there other sensors that the computer needs on the 87 ? Reason I ask, I have friends who have an 89 ... they had a newer 350 put in it, and they've had nothing but problems since. Wrong heads, wrong exhaust ( so they were told ? ) .... after many trips to their mechanic it is finally running good. Should I attempt this or am I wasting my time ? I love the Suburbans.....especially need the 4wd here in the winter. THANKS ! D.
-- http://www.live365.com/stations/303477
This will take you to my friend Gabes live Player Piano Radio Station... please give a Listen !