85 GMC S-15 Jimmy

what type of fluid goes in the tranfer case, and gear box
Thank you
Fred First GMC

Sorry its a 2.5L
Fred

If it's like my 94, ATF (Dexron II, IIE or III) goes in the t-case. Manual and autos use the same fluid, Dexron II or IIE, I actually think it's up to Dexron III (also called ATF), which would also work. Diffs take 80W-90 GL-5 gear lubricant.