What oil for tranfer case

Anyone have any idea what kind of oil goes in a transfer case, specifically a Dana 300, and I imagine full will be when it comes out of filler hole.

Reply to
Greg

breyfogle

So I would imagine the 81 would be the same.

Reply to
Greg

Yes, the D300's are all the same unlike the T5 trannies.

For a couple years there Jeep experimented with using ATF in the T5 transmissions, they quickly went back to using gear oil there too.

Mike

Greg wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain