'85 s-10 blazer 2.8L with '89 4.3L parts

My problem is this, I have a 1985 Chevy s-10 Blazer 4X2 with a 2.8L engine and auto transmission, the transmission has failed.
A friend had a wrecked 1989 s-10 4X4 with a 4.3L engine an auto
transmission. He gave me the transmission, transfer case, and drive shafts.
What do I still need to get my vehicle operational again? Cash is a factor. I can most likely get the engine minus the exhaust manifold.
I do not care about making the 4 wheel drive operational and know that I can not swap transmissions due to the whole 60 degree/90 degree issue with the engine.
RaptorTech wrote:

Find someone doing a 2.8/4.3 swap and offer to trade parts. Or go to a salvage yard and get a trans from a base model Camaro / Firebird with the 2.8 or 3.1 in them or another S series. Less headaches and less money spent. In order to make the parts you have work you still need the 4.3 engine, computer, wiring harness, different fuel pump. different tailshaft housing to remove the transfer case.
-