87 GMC Sierra 1/2 ton 4x4 Question

My question concerns the replacement of the front locking hubs on a POS GM 10 bolt. There seems to be 3 major manufacturers of front hubs, Mile Marker, Warn and Superwinch. Mile Marker and Warn offer two levels of hubs
and Superwinch only one. I am interested to know the Newsgroup thoughts, good and bad, regarding the Supreme/Premium series of hubs from each manufacturer. P.s I will be replacing the front axles and U joints when I replace the hubs. Most likely with Yukon's. Thanks in advance. Kurt
Joe J. Joe wrote:

I would not call the GM 10 bolt front axle a POS. It is about the same strength as a D44. Those that have problem with them usually are running big tires with large offsets and lockers. In a reasonably stock truck it is pretty bullet proof. On hubs, warn makes a good one and there is not much strength differcnce between them. It is when you exceed design limitations that you run into problems.
--

www.thesnoman.com