88 chevy 1500 transmission

looking to find away to build my auto tranmission

Reply to
jdredneckgirl

I admire your enthusiasm, but I wouldn't start my first introductory lessons on your own 700R4. Not unless you've got a friend who's a transmission mechanic with a shop facility of some kind. What's wrong with the transmission?

Reply to
Augustus

Not sure what you mean by building it. What model truck is it in, tranny type and usage.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Does it need a rebuild and you want to try to attempt it ? or do you just want to install a shift kit and make it shift better or what are you looking for ?

If you want to try to rebuild it there are books out there to help you, but you need a few special tools for some of the components.

I've repaired pretty many that the owners have tried to do themselves following a book, and most end up ripping a seal or not having proper clearances on a clutch pack or end play...

700 is not a good one to start out doing your first rebuild either...
Reply to
69SScamaro