88 chevy 1500 transmission

looking to find away to build my auto tranmission

I admire your enthusiasm, but I wouldn't start my first introductory lessons on your own 700R4. Not unless you've got a friend who's a transmission mechanic with a shop facility of some kind. What's wrong with the transmission?
On Tue, 08 May 2007 20:45:30 -0400, "jdredneckgirl"
Not sure what you mean by building it. What model truck is it in, tranny type and usage. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Does it need a rebuild and you want to try to attempt it ? or do you just want to install a shift kit and make it shift better or what are you looking for ?
If you want to try to rebuild it there are books out there to help you, but you need a few special tools for some of the components.
I've repaired pretty many that the owners have tried to do themselves following a book, and most end up ripping a seal or not having proper clearances on a clutch pack or end play... 700 is not a good one to start out doing your first rebuild either...