'91 K1500 washer

I started having intermittent problems with my windshield wipers not working today. Washer fluid, also.
After a Google search, I found that a circuit board in the wiper motor
assembly might be the problem. However, I did not see any references to the '91's having this board. Can any one confirm that it does?
Also, if this helps to narrow the problem down- when I tried the wipers or fluid, I heard a 'buzz' that sounded as if it were coming from the under/behind the dash. It is possible I heard it through the firewall.

Yeah, you have the circuit board. It's in a plastic housing just to the left of the wiper motor itself.
Doc
"Doc" wrote:

Thanks, Doc.
Just realized subject said 'washer', instead of 'wiper'. Oh, well!
this actually answers my other post....so its in a plastic dilly to the left of the wiper motor. I'm a 12volt guy, so the work is no problemo...but what should I be looking for?? is this a bugger to get out?

Someone once said...

Hamilton Audio wrote:

Another sourve of wiper woes I recently discovered that causes similar symptoms is crud getting stuck between the contacts and the potentiometer on the wiper motor. If you remove the round cover on the bottom of the motor unit you'll see the contacts (three IIRC). Look for junk stuck between then and the business end of the motor.
Doc

"Doc" wrote:

Thank you. I'll take a look.