96 Tahoe power steering hose replacement

I need to replace the high pressure power steering hose on a '96 Tahoe. Do I need to loosen the large aluminum bracket that holds the pump and the AC
compressor in order to do this? Or can I get a wrench on the fitting without moving anything else?
Thanks
Add pictures here
✖

I was not able to in my '96 Suburban. There are four or five bolts and nuts holding the large bracket to the engine, including one behind the power steering pump on the side of the block.
Does anyone know the trick for removing the power steering pump pulley?
Add pictures here
✖
Ray wrote:

Yep, Buy or rent the proper puller. Many parts stores have tool "rental" or loaners available. Most of them "sell" you the tool at full price, then when you bring it back undamaged they hand you back your money.
The proper tool allows you to pull the pulley of in about 30 seconds.
--
Steve W.

Add pictures here
✖
OK, thanks.
Ray
On Nov 27, 10:44 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

Add pictures here
✖

OK, for the record, the large aluminum bracket did need to be removed from the engine. To do this:
1. remove the top half of the fan shroud 2. remove the serpentine belt 3. remove the AC compressor from the bracket. No need to break the refrigerant lines. 4. remove the five bolts and nuts from the front of the bracket (three that you can see, two on the bottom you have to feel for) 5. loosen the nut on the rear of the pump near the exhaust manifold. 6. the fan needs to come off to allow the bracket to come off the stud. You need to buy or make the tool to hold the pulley while the fan is unscrewed COUNTERclockwise.
Pull the bracket off the stud and lay the assembly back side up and replace the hose.
Reverse 1 thru 6 above, refill the pump reservoire and that's it (well that and an hour and a half of your time)
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 17:25:53 -0800, "Mark Simko"

Thank you for sharing this. I suppose 90 minutes isn't too much to spend. I wish modern automobiles were simple, like my 1967 Plymouth Barracuda.
--
http://desertphile.org
✖