98 K1500 Suburban block heater replacement

Can anyone tell me how hard is it to replace a block heater on a 98 4x4 suburban ? do i have to drain the coolant first etc ?
from what i can tell from laying underneath, it is directly above the oil
filter.
thanks

Before you replace the soft plug heater, insure that your old one is defective. The two I've had fail had bad electrical cords that were easy to replace (without removing the heater).
Thanks. i do not know if mine is bad but it triped the breaker and started leaking antifreeze slowly.

oil
Advocate wrote:

Good advise but if you have to replace it you have to drain coolant and the heater itself is easy to remove and replace otherwise. When you look at the new one you will see how the old one is held in and be able to easily remove it.
--

www.thesnoman.com