ABS??

93 Chev 1 ton G van Just acquired this truck and am having the following problems with which I need your help.
When the brake pedal is depressed there is a violent shudder from the
right front wheel. I took off the wheel and the caliper works fine, lots of pad left and not frozen as I had expected. I suspect the ABS sensor on that wheel is not working properly. How is it removed, cleaned and tested??
Thanks for any help.
--

Doug Quance

Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.

What's the condition of the rotor? Look at the surface and check for warpage. If the ABS was activating you would most definately feel it in the pedal, and it would be a fast vibration. You would also hear a hum from under your feet, where the control unit is.
I had the same problom with my 96 Tahoe and that was the problom that the roters were warped after i replaced the roaters the bad shake was gone

I would be checking the rotor for Lateral Run out. If so, this is usually cause improper torque and not using the star pattern. This can be fixed by having the rotor machined (provided it is still thick enough) . Cam