1993 Toyota 1/2 ton truck, clutch diagram

I am having some issues with a 1993 Toyota 1/2 ton truck(I've seen it listed as a 4Runner, 1/2 ton, Tacoma), manual transmission, 2.4 litre, 2WD, with a master/slave cylinder clutch system. Initially the problem was the clutch pedal lost pedal pressure and seemed to have no clutch at all. I replaced the slave cylinder bled they system several times. This appeared to fix the problem. I have since given the truck to my father and he claims that he sometimes has to turn the truck off to get the truck in gear, but that most of the time the truck works fine. I have driven the truck since and have never experienced this problem. The master cylinder reservoir appears to remain at a constant level. Was curious if anyone has seen this problem or if someone has a diagram showing the clutch/transmission system on this vehicle?

Thanks

Reply to
gr

If you are correct on the year, it's not a Tacoma. The first model came out in 95.

Has your father tried pumping the clutch pedal a few times? How about shifting to another gear (such as second) before putting it in first or reverse?

With the possible exception of the hydraulics replacing a mechanical linkage, the clutch and transmission system is mechanically indistinguishable from the one in the truck that Shogun Tokugawa Yoshinobu drove to the Battle of Toba Fushimi in 1868 - I fail to understand what you'd hope to accomplish with a diagram.

Reply to
Mike Harris
2WD, | with a master/slave cylinder clutch system. Initially the problem was the | clutch pedal lost pedal pressure and seemed to have no clutch at all. I | replaced the slave cylinder bled they system several times. This appeared | to fix the problem. | I have since given the truck to my father and he claims that he sometimes | has to turn the truck off to get the truck in gear, but that most of the | time the truck works fine. I have driven the truck since and have never | experienced this problem. The master cylinder reservoir appears to remain | at a constant level. | Was curious if anyone has seen this problem or if someone has a diagram | showing the clutch/transmission system on this vehicle? | | Thanks

Was there signs of a fluid leak that made you replace the slave cylinder? How much peddle do you have? I.E., does the clutch disengage at half way travel or do you have to press it hard against the floor in order to change gears without gnashing gears? Do you have an aftermarket floor mat that may be too thick to allow enough peddle travel? (I found this to be a problem with an '87 I bought.)

Reply to
Jarhead