and again I ask for help

I still have a question, ok I've got a 99 GMC Jimmy with the Auto4x4 system, my TCCM took a crap in january for some reason, can I manually switch the
transfer into 4hi without the TCCM?
No, the t-case is electronically controlled, needs the signal from the TCCM to engage...
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 07:27:44 -0500, "Adam Frazier"

Thank you
wrote:

system,
Adam Frazier wrote:

Thank goodness, at least you know what you have now and have figured out how to adequately phrase your question so that an intelligent answer can be given.
And the answer is yes, if you know what you are doing, but in your case, I wouldn't attempt it.
Ian
I thought that maybe I could do it, I would just have to get the wireing schematics from the dealer or somthing

Adam Frazier wrote:

    Do not attempt to do this. Just go to a salvage yard and buy a used TCCM. Charles
I would if I could find one, no one has any TCCMS for the auto4 system, they have them for the regular 4x4 but not the auto one. and the dealer has to special order them and they are 450 bucks and they want to put it in and charge me 200 for that

Adam Frazier wrote:

    Then you just don't know where to look. I have bought odd ball parts used for 6 month old M-B's, BMW's, & Corvettes.
    Any Salvage yard with a Locator Service can oder you a used one. Look in their phonebook adds for "Member URG", or "Eden Parts System". Charles
seconded. It's one of those things where "if you have to ask, you can't do it"
Adam Frazier wrote

You can move the encoder by applying power and ground in the right places, but this is not recommended and tends to ruin the motor. The other option if you really want to do it, is to pull the encoder motor right off and manually shift the t/case into 4hi. This is a very bad idea...but it can be done.
Ian
Well I got the schematics from a local dealer, and I was unsuccessful getting the xfer case to shift, I was able though to get the engine to start by crossing some wires, one was a power evidently one was the ignition wire or somthing.
So were is the motor located on the xfer case?

Adam Frazier wrote:

    Stop Now BEFORE you fry circuits. Take it someplace and find out if it's even the TCCM before you melt down what used to be a S-truck. Charles
yeah I am wondering if the motor isnt bad and they took out the TCCM to disable it.

start
wire
Adam Frazier wrote:

Who is "they"? You said the TCCM failed in January, and implied that you owned the truck at the time. No?
JLarsson