Question 1997 GMC Jimmy

I just bought a 97 Jimmy and it was missing the owners manual. I had 2 questions...

1/ What gas grade should i be using? In my old Ford i always used the cheapest stuff but a couple people have told me i need to use the "best" in the Jimmy. Also, i have read a few things about there being trouble with the ABS braking if you don't have the "right" tires on it. Should i just get whatever tires the tire guy has or should i get a better grade name brand? Thanks alot!! Kimberly
Reply to
parysintherayn

Robert Ball

Reply to
Shep

Regular is fine.

You can put different size tires on the vehicle, as long as they are all the same. Most of the GM vehicles can be reprogrammed to deal with larger tires. You need to reprogram for correct speedo operation, and the ABS also needs to be able to recognize the larger tires on most of the systems.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Thank you everyone. I love,love,love my new Jimmy and want whats best for it : } Kimberly

Reply to
parysintherayn