ARE THERE ANY BAND ADJUSTMENTS ON A 1989 K1500 1/2 TON PICKUP?

Can anyone tell me if there are any transmission band adjustmenst on a 1989 350 k1500 1/2 ton pickup? My truck engine seems to race in first gear a lot faster than I"m going,
and I was wondering if there was an adjustment for this problem, or if changing the trans fluid and filter would help this problem. Thanks to all who reply.
No adjustment, if it's due for service ,do it.

-