Aux. Fuel Tank QUestion 77 C-10

Anyone know where the tank selector valve is located on the chassis. This is a 77 C-10 with aux. tanks. The shop manual doesn't say.
The truck keeps stalling out and quitting for no apparnt reason, but I
think a vacuum leak connected with the valve might be the cause. Otherwise runs fine when moving.
Also seems to happen when it is unusally hot. Stalling and quitting I mean.
Then you have to lay on the starter adn reve it up to about 2000 rpm to get it rolling again.
NEIHOFF/BORG-WARNER Still has the valves available. The electric switch and the dash guages show the fuel tank switch working correctly.
Could the valve be defective, even though the switch says it's working?
TIA
On the frame crossmember where the cab meets the bed you will find the selector valve. I eliminated mine and plumbed both feed and return lines together so the pump draws fuel from both tanks simutaneously, the dash mounted selector switch simply switches between both sending units to indicate fuel level.
--
Mad-Dog
'79 Chevy K-10