Aux fuel tank for 1999 Tacoma

Has anyone on this group installed one? Does it fit where the spare tire normally goes? How about the plumbing, do you just pump it into the main tank?

-- Jarhead

Reply to
Jarhead

You can buy one at

I bought this one 4 years ago when it became available. It's got a pump to transfer - no gravity feed as they coudln't pass emissions with that.

Here are some pics of mine.

Robert

Well, what did you find? After a few calls, it seems the shop in forest grove, oregon makes them both for Downey and the fuel tank shop in chino. Never got your location. Maybe you have something from another area?

Reply to
Alex

| > | wrote: | > | | > | >Has anyone on this group installed one? Does it fit where the spare | > tire | > | >normally goes? How about the plumbing, do you just pump it into the | > main | > | >tank? | > | | > | You can buy one at | > |

| > | | > | | > | I bought this one 4 years ago when it became available. It's got a | > | pump to transfer - no gravity feed as they coudln't pass emissions | > | with that. | > | | > | Here are some pics of mine. | > | | > | | > |

| > Thanks for the info- | >

| > -- | > Jarhead

I called the number on Downey's site and talked to the shop foreman?? The tank fits where the spare tire is now with provisions for mounting the tire under the new tank. (4 inches lower). The tank fills through the wheel well behind the tire on left side. (Same as main tank). A transfer pump is used to take fuel from the auxillary tank to the main tank. It connects to the main tank filler vent tube wth a "T" fitting. The cost is over $600.00 plus shipping to Texas.

I may go to a combination tool box/tank that fits into the front of the bed. A local shop is supposed to get back to me on the availability and cost.

-- Jarhead

Reply to
Jarhead