Brakes fail at slow speed

I have a 2002 Sierra extended cab with 24,000 miles. In the past month, my brakes have locked up while braking from 8mph to 4mph, where they resume normal braking. It is freaking me out. The dealer has replaced the ABS sensor but that didn't solve anything.

It is like the pedal freezes as I brake from 8mph to 4 mph. I also hear the ABS sound. But then at 4mph, everything works fine. Anyone else have this happening?

Reply to
gregborz

Try taking the ABS fuse out to isolate the problem as ABS related or not. If the problem goes away with the fuse out possibly the ABS control unit is bad.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo