2002 F-150 Extended Cab 4-door

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed. If the rear door does not shut completely, and it is slightly ajar, the top edge of the front and rear doors hit when you close the front door. The damage has knocked paint chips off at the top edges of the doors. I thought it might just be my truck , but I looked a number of parked trucks, and they have the same damage. It looks like the 2004s have a larger gap. My truck is still in warranty so I guess I'll contact the dealer. They probably won't do a thing, but as far as I'm concerned it's a flawed design. Ron

Reply to
R&B

I just picked up a 2004 and I noticed the same problem at the top of the doors. I have a appointment next week to get it fixed, I'll post here with the results...

Reply to
Joe G

Joe, thanks for the update. I talked to the dealer and was told to bring it in. I don't know what they will do, but will spread the word once they look at it. Meanwhile, I have been looking at a lot of Ford, F-150s, and about 9 out of 10 trucks with extended cab, 4 doors, have damage at the top edges. Ron

Reply to
R&B