2002 Tacoma crew-cab: Front brakes

Is there known issues with them getting pulsey/worn easily. I had my original rotors turned at ~45K, replaced at ~60K, and it seems here at ~65K I'm starting to feel a little subtle pulsing again. I haul a bit of a load once in a while (few hundred lbs), but never tow. Just wondering. I sure love it otherwise.

Reply to
DJ Bjorklund

========= =========

have your brakes adjusted every 7-10 thous. miles

do a repost in 20 thous miles and let us knw how happy you are with yer new found knowledge.

~:~ MarshMonster ~sips his mushroom tea...takes a toke......wonders if you'de rather jest replace EVERYTHING on the system so's it would git 45 thous. between brake jobs.......... naw......he would'nt wanna do that~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Well, now I am a little confused. I thought modern day brakes were self adjusting. My understanding was that the rear drums are adjusted by setting and releasing the parking brake and the front disk were completely self adjusting?

What is involved to adjust the brakes?

Paul. Phoenix

Reply to
Paul.

Well MM, while the clever, witty tone of your response sounds like newsgroup troll behavior, giving you the benefit of the doubt,...what about what Paul asked?

Is it really a "brake adjustment" every other oil change?! You run a garage or what? Perhaps I'll get a precision floor-mat alignment as well, maybe flush-and-fill the ash-try too. ;-P

Reply to
DJ Bjorklund

. .

====== ====== On Jul 25, 10:53?pm, "Paul." scratched his head, put down his Chilton manual, and got grease on his keyboard when he typed: .

.......... Well, now I am a little confused.

............ ?I thought modern day brakes were self adjusting.

.......... My understanding was that the rear drums are adjusted by setting and releasing the parking brake and the front disk were completely self adjusting?

--------- What is involved to adjust the brakes?

Reply to
Marsh Monster

======== ========

On Jul 26, 9:48?am, DJ Bjorklund wrote: Well MM, while the clever, witty tone of your response sounds like newsgroup troll behavior, giving you the benefit of the doubt,...what about what Paul asked?

Is it really a "brake adjustment" every other oil change?! ?You run a garage or what? ?Perhaps I'll get a precision floor-mat alignment as well, maybe flush-and-fill the ash-try too. ;-P-

====== ======

addendum to my original reply to your above reply to my first reply to your first reply................

anywhooooooo....... my addendum................. (cuz ima nice feller)

--Official NG Reply Addendum--

your not asking the rite questions.

ask some more........

here's one you "could" ask......instead of asking if its an issue..... you "could" ask..........

"Why are my fk'n FRONT brakes wear'n out so damd fast?"

please........ feel free to use it if you like, it's good question you know..... simple, straight forward, and to the point..........

go ahead

be my guest

it's yours to use

a gift..a benefit..........

:)

~:~ marshmonster ~sips his crownroyal.....no doubt~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster