Buying a Trailblazer. How'd I do?

Hi. I'm purchasing a 2003 V8 TrailBlazer EXT...

38,070 MSRP including $650 destination charge.

-2,870 Dealer discount (no trade in)

35,200 Negotiated selling price (2870 Below MSRP)

-4,500 TrailBlazer EXT GM Rebate

-2,608 GM Credit Card Rebate (old card)

28,092 Final selling price after rebates (9978 below MSRP)

  • 51 Documentary fee

  • 80 Title and License transfer
+2,203 Sales tax (ouch!)

30,426 The amount I paid the dealership

According to edmunds.com, the ?True Market Value? price of the Trailblazer should have been 34,570 (which is lower than the 35,200 that I payed), but the dealer said ?no? to that price since their ?invoice? showed two additional charges:

$374 LAM Dealer Contribution $187 LAM Group Contribution

Reply to
Paul Rybarczyk

If I understand Edmund's "True Market Value", that's the price you chould be paying BEFORE discounts are applied. I may not be understanding the term correctly though.

Reply to
Mike Levy
51 for doc fees? WOW here in my area they start at around 198 and some dealers get 298.
Reply to
Charles H.

Hi. It's my understanding that the TMV is the negotiated (aka after dealer discount) price, before rebates, and before title, doc fee, sales tax, etc. That's what I'm comparing it to anyway.

Anybody else here purchased a new Chevy lately?

-- Thanks, Paul.

Mike Levy wrote:

Reply to
Paul Rybarczyk

Didn't know they had a $4500 rebate. According to the GM website it is only $3500.

Reply to
Troy

Wow. I swear that I'll never buy a new truck. In Arizona, you can find an older full-size Blazer or pickup for not much more than you just blew in sales tax! ...and it'll definitely be better off-road...

-Derek

Reply to
Derek Schwartz

Many of the 2003 Chevy rebates in the North Central US increased on September 2nd. Here they are:

Paul.

Troy wrote:

Reply to
Paul Rybarczyk

I assume you realize that if people like me didn't buy new Chevys, people like you would run out of used ones.

You should be encouraging me! :-)

-- Paul.

Derek Schwartz wrote:

Reply to
Paul Rybarczyk

Reply to
sidewinder

red_z snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com posted:

Next thing you know, they'll be breaking out charges for showroom lighting, and coffee. Jesus H.Christ, it's called overhead!

Spike

Reply to
Spike13