Buying a Trailblazer. How'd I do?

Hi. I'm purchasing a 2003 V8 TrailBlazer EXT...
38,070 MSRP including $650 destination charge.
-2,870 Dealer discount (no trade in)
35,200 Negotiated selling price (2870 Below MSRP)
-4,500 TrailBlazer EXT GM Rebate -2,608 GM Credit Card Rebate (old card)
28,092 Final selling price after rebates (9978 below MSRP)
+ 51 Documentary fee + 80    Title and License transfer +2,203 Sales tax (ouch!)
30,426 The amount I paid the dealership
According to edmunds.com, the True Market Value price of the Trailblazer should have been 34,570 (which is lower than the 35,200 that I payed), but the dealer said no to that price since their invoice showed two additional charges:
$374 LAM Dealer Contribution $187 LAM Group Contribution
--
$561 Total of the above.

If you add the $561 to the edmunds price, its pretty close to
On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 05:05:29 GMT, Paul Rybarczyk

If I understand Edmund's "True Market Value", that's the price you chould be paying BEFORE discounts are applied. I may not be understanding the term correctly though.
Hi. It's my understanding that the TMV is the negotiated (aka after dealer discount) price, before rebates, and before title, doc fee, sales tax, etc. That's what I'm comparing it to anyway.
Anybody else here purchased a new Chevy lately? -- Thanks, Paul.
Mike Levy wrote:

51 for doc fees? WOW here in my area they start at around 198 and some dealers get 298.
red_z snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com posted:

Next thing you know, they'll be breaking out charges for showroom lighting, and coffee. Jesus H.Christ, it's called overhead!
Spike
Didn't know they had a $4500 rebate. According to the GM website it is only $3500.

Many of the 2003 Chevy rebates in the North Central US increased on September 2nd. Here they are:
http://www.chevrolet.com/global/cur_offers/2003/north_central.htm -- Paul.
Troy wrote:

Wow. I swear that I'll never buy a new truck. In Arizona, you can find an older full-size Blazer or pickup for not much more than you just blew in sales tax! ...and it'll definitely be better off-road...
-Derek

I assume you realize that if people like me didn't buy new Chevys, people like you would run out of used ones.
You should be encouraging me! :-) -- Paul.
Derek Schwartz wrote:

I agree with derek on getting used. Trucks are getting too expensive these days. But I can't live with out em so I gotta buy em.

an