How do I open TrailBlazer radiator cap

Stupid as it sounds, how do I remove 2003 Chevy TrailBlazer radiator cap? Press down and then turn left? How hard do I have to press it down - 'till my thumb punches thru cap? TIA.

Reply to
jjgs262

make sure the engine is cool before opening it.. Sounds like it's stuck.. You should be able to push down with your palm and turn counter clockwise.

Well, I just looked up the radiator cap (I work at an auto parts store) and it just appears to be a turning type cap. I don't see any kind of lip where you would need to push down on it. You shouldn't have to push down on it that I can tell.

Reply to
m6onz5a

Reply to
man of machines