Dropping Tank in 1990 GMC F/S Jimmy

I can't figure out how to get the damn skid plate off. Rain + Mud + 1 night deadlines suck.
GMC Gremlin

I took it to a fella with a big ol' impact wrench. I gave him $10 and I'm not rich, but I was very happy..... Someone had stuffed a 22 cal. l.r. bullit between the skid plate and tank. I'm damn lucky not to have hit a rock at that point. I removed the plate and left it off since rock crawlin is not something I do. I have the plate in case I ever do... A small pebble had worn a small hole in the tank and seemed likely to recur.

Eh I just had to look at it in some better light, it was 6 1/2" bolts and while rusted none broke and it only took a 6' cheater bar to get them out... :-) 6 in the rear, drop the tail gate and look down 6 up front, crawl under the truck between the front/rear wheel get on knees and crawl towards the tank. One in each corner and one in the middle.
GMC Gremlin